Sunday, 12 July 2009

Metric - Gimme Sympathy

Blimee, I’m getting fed up of this. Nearly every time the radio goes on these days you’re treated to synth, pretty vocals and the same fucking licks in the background.

Welcome to the world of Metric. Their new single ‘Gimme Sympathy’ is an unblemished chugger which vaguely reminds me of when I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. You already know that though because you’ve heard it all before, many-a-time. That’s not to say it’s bad, on the contrary, this band are competent and tight, the vocals are well executed and it’s very genial and radio friendly.

What more could you want?

I’ll tell you. We want something that isn’t so pertly sat on Brandon Flowers’s cock end, that they’re infected by a total lack of individuality. We want something that doesn’t ask us “who would you rather be, the Beatles of the Rolling Stones.” They were both extraordinary but I don’t want to be fucking either to be honest, I’ll find my own way.

Not bad but not good.

Released August 3 through Metric Productions.

Tom Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment